Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thank God It's Friday ~ Paper Rests


I was a little bit late for the TGIF challenge:-( The challenge was Paper Rests, we need to use our left over papers to make something.Luckily I can make a card today with my Little Missy stamp from High Hopes Rubberstamps. I had so much fun making this card with some left over papers.

Firstly, Stamped the Little Missy stamp and colored with colored pencil. This time I don't use sansodor and paper stump, just color as a kid :-) After that,I stamped the "thanks" saying with clear ink pad then embossed with sparkle embossing powder on left over cardstock, then torn the edge and inked with distress ink.

Secondly,inked the "thanks"saying again on vellum in rectangle shape.Then, sponged Broken China distress ink on puzzle then inked the "thanks" saying again with metalic ink.Stick the "thanks" sticker on it.Put three rhinestones around it.

Gathered all the prima flowers , added with brad and put a little bit magenta stickles on the brad.

Stamped diamond shaped stamp on Fancy Pants Patterned Paper on the left side.Draw some stitches around the patterned paper, then added some thank you rub on on the bottom of right hand side.

Tied the ribbon on the patterned paper and arranged all the elements prepared on the patterned paper. I don't follow any sketch recently as I had fun play with all the details on the patterned paper. Lastly, added three spiral clips with magenta stickles on them.

Lot's of work but it really fun ! I hope you like it too.:-) Thanks for looking.


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Little Missy (High Hopes Rubberstamps), Thanks saying-Lexicon of Love ( Stampin'Up)

Inks: Versafine ink-Onxy Black(Tsukineko),Metalic ink ( Colorbox),Stazon-brown(Tsukineko)

Papers: Fancy Pants,left over red cardstock, vellum (from my stash)

Other elements: Prima paper flowers,brads, spiral clips,sticker, used puzzle, rub-on (7 Gysies),ribbon

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh. Ying this is totally awesome. Really cute card. Love it..

Thanks for playing TGiF again.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Very nice card!
//Malin

Unknown said...

I love what you have done with this stamp Ying. Really beautiful card and your colouring is amazing! Lol Lynn x

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

This is so cute and beautiful! Love the design!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Ying. I love the papers you have used and your colouring is beautiful. Nikki x

Alley said...

Fabulous as usual, I love the way you use the layering adding so much texture and your coloring is great!

Marlou McAlees said...

such a beautiful card Ying!! :) x

Diana said...

Love your card, is awesome, absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Love,
Diana

Diana said...

Love your design!! Is awesome!

Love,
Diana

Andrea said...

It's never too late for such beautiful cards!

Ying, please take a look to my blog, there is something for you!

http://annchenssmallcreations.blogspot.com/2008/05/ups-oder-ich-freu-mich.html

Hugs
Annchen

Heidi said...

Wonderful card-love the colors togheter!

Hugs from
Heidi

stampingbalou said...

Oh my Gosh, Ying, you´re an artist in creating such cute cards - adorable !!!!!

stampingbalou said...

Ok, I´m going to be a real old women, I forgot to mention:

Thank you so much for this absolutely stunning card-creation for TGiF... *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow such a beautiful card:)x

Mescrap said...

Ying, this is really complicated & beautiful. Many details in this card.

Jane said...

Wow, this looks great! And if you colored this good as a kid I'm truly amazed! :-) Love all the details and embellishments.

Jane
SBS4

Footer