Sunday, March 22, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #23 ~ Buttons Challenge+ March POTM


Old Macdonal had a farm,eya eya o.....Good evening/morning everyone!!! Phew....I thought I can't finish this card!! I took forever to finish it....LOL...this was really a challenge for me, specially I need to make the scene background for the very first time.All are difficult for me as I need to color the stamped images first them assembled into a piece of paper that I have made the cloud and the field. Here are the steps:

A.For the stamped images:
I stamped the High Hopes Farm theme stamps with Tsukineko Memento Ink onto a white cardstock.Colored with Copic Ciao Markers.Cut it out after finished coloring.



B.For the scene background:
(Cloud)-I hand cut a picture of cloud like the picture below. On a white scrap paper, I inked the cloud with Ranger Broken China distress ink, then colored the rest, did the same to make several "cloud".

(Field)-I sponged some Ranger Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint on the white cardstock.





C. I glued the backyard background stamped images on the "ready-made scene background cardstock", then I used 3 D foam pad to glue the farmer and pink stamped images that I colored before.


D. I used blue cardstock to mat the background. I stapled the gingham ribbon on the blue cardstock too. Then I stapled two gingham ribbons on the upper right hand side.

E. Sentiment tag with button
I had this idea when I don't know where to put the sentiment:-)) I used raffia to go through the stapled gingham ribbon and tied it on the stamped sentiment and I went through the raffie into the button, lastly I glued the raffie with crystal laquer. I just used a string of raffia to make all this.


Lastly I glued the blue cardstock on the brown cardstock and glued the buttons with crsytal laquer too.

I hope you like my card as I do too, don't forget to go to High Hopes Challenge blog to view other DT's amazed designs, please join us too if you love too:-))


By the way,as usual, this set of stamps, when purchased together, with be 25% off the regular prices!!JUST FOR THIS MONTH!!!

You will receive:

S-119 Farmer Clem 14.40
R-107 Miss Peggy 13.70
F-165 Everywhere an Oink 6.70
R-106 Farm Background 13.70

These are regularly $48.50CDN mounted but this month you can get them all for $36.35 mounted or $18.20 unmounted!! What a deal!!!


Supplies Used:

Rubberstamps:S-119 Farmer Clem 14.40 R-107 Miss Peggy 13.70 F-165 Everywhere an Oink 6.70 R-106 Farm Background 13.70


Inks: Tsukineko Versafine Onxy Black ,Tsukineko Memento Ink, Ranger Distress Inks-Mustard Seed, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint


Color Medium; Copin Ciao Markers.

Embelishments: Buttons, raffia, gingham ribbons from my stash.

Paper/Cardstock: blue, brown, white cardstock.


我是花了很大的功夫才把这张卡片做好,就不知道王老先生喜欢我的卡片吗??嘻嘻...最大的成就就是我做了一些云朵...很简单,有问题可以发问;-))在三月,只要你一次过买我用的这些图章就可以得到折扣喔!快快快!!等你的设计喔!:-))









16 comments:

CraftyC said...

Love this card Ying, a great scene and beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card,l love them image.

hugs Riet.x

Tracey said...

Love this Ying! A fabulous card!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Beautiful Ying, love the scene you have done with the cute stamps.

//Malin

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your colouring is beautiful Ying and you did an amazing job with the sky, love the little scene and great use of buttons, Have a great evening, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ying! You put so much effort into this card...and it was worth it! I love how it turned out. I love the scene, the clouds, your coloring...and all of the details! Big hugs from the other side of the world!
~Lacey

Mrs Mac said...

What a great tecnique!

Mescrap said...

This is so lovely !!!
Love the appearance of your blog.
So cute and beautiful.

* Btw, will you come to KL to attend Irene's class in April ?

Ying Pang, said...

Lay Hoon,
thank you for your lovely comments. Nope, I will not going to KL...not in schedule:))
hugs,
ying

Mrs Mac said...

THanks for your visit!!! I have popped back to rad about your technique again... really clever. Love the layout of your blog it makes me smile :) I have clicked to be a follower so that I can easily find you again!

AmethystCat said...

thanks for showing how you did the sky. Great card. super cute images! love the pencil can in the previous post too. so fun!

Birgit said...

Oh Ying, what a special card this is! I can see how much effort you put into it. Love it!!
Wish you a relaxing weekend, my dear!
Hugs, Birgit

Rika said...

Great card Ying, love the sky!

Zoe said...

Hello Ying, This card is stunning and I love the background.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Debbie Olson said...

Ying, your coloring is fabulous, and the way you made your sky and clouds is exceptionally creative--great job!

Geamys said...

I like your tutorial...seems like I got very hook on to the high hopes now...

Footer