Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the Crafting Lab......

Today is my experiment day....:-) You might ask if I have change to my job to sceintist?? hmm....not really and am not qualified for this prestige profesion.

Well, I made two cards this afternoon with some very new medium, crackle paint and some distress inks, and aluminium foil.


I just curious that IF Tilda can be mixed / be friends with crackle paint and distress ink, the answer is : YES !! I had fun making this card and just happy like a child while the crackling happened.:-)


I painted the crackle paint first on the cardstock, let dried and heated a bit, the the paint crackled.Then I sponged some distress inks such as furyed burlap and pine needles on it. After that I did the other decorations.

Supplies: Crackle paint(Ranger Industries), Tilda stamp(Magnolia),Wording stamp(Stamping Up), Swirl stamp & flowers stamp( Fancy Pants),Versafine Ink (Tsukineko),Marcy Uchida Scallop Punch,Prima paper flowers.

Another card that I made is using aluminium foil that we can found in our kitchen. I entered this card for DCM challenge.

My dare this week is 'Foiled!' -I would like you to utilise some plain old aluminium (aluminum for our friends across the pond!) foil from your kitchen :). You can scrunch it, die cut it, emboss it, ink it, coil it, cover chipboard - or anything else that you choose!

As usual I can't get the right silver color when scanning. I stamped Tilda with versamark ink on the foil, then embossed with distress embossing powder. I know you can't easily see the Tilda's image, but if you familiar with Tilda stamp, then you know she is Tilda.:-)

Supplies: Circles background stamp(Hero Arts), Tilda stamp(Magnolia), Make a wish stamp( MSE),Versafine Ink, Colorbox white ink.

11 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful cards

Sandy said...

Wow they are wonderful. Gorgeous.

Andrea, said...

2 great cards Ying

Tracey said...

Hi Ying great cards love the tilda stamp you used.

Kathy said...

Lovely work - you've been sooo busy!

Jo said...

Looks beautiful to me!

Rosanne said...

Nice cards, love the technique of stamping on foil

Unknown said...

THE DIFFERENT EFFECTS LOOK WONDERFUL.

Donelda said...

wow, you really were being creative !! And sending a happy birthday to your adorable little girl!!

Angelnorth said...

It's fun experimenting isn't it? Great idea to use embossing on the foil.

Happy Birthday to Yileen, too - I hope she had a wonderful day!

Annie said...

some interesting experiments - I particularly like the effect you got with the crackle and distress inks. annie x

Footer