Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the Crafting Lab......

Today is my experiment day....:-) You might ask if I have change to my job to sceintist?? hmm....not really and am not qualified for this prestige profesion.

Well, I made two cards this afternoon with some very new medium, crackle paint and some distress inks, and aluminium foil.


I just curious that IF Tilda can be mixed / be friends with crackle paint and distress ink, the answer is : YES !! I had fun making this card and just happy like a child while the crackling happened.:-)


I painted the crackle paint first on the cardstock, let dried and heated a bit, the the paint crackled.Then I sponged some distress inks such as furyed burlap and pine needles on it. After that I did the other decorations.

Supplies: Crackle paint(Ranger Industries), Tilda stamp(Magnolia),Wording stamp(Stamping Up), Swirl stamp & flowers stamp( Fancy Pants),Versafine Ink (Tsukineko),Marcy Uchida Scallop Punch,Prima paper flowers.

Another card that I made is using aluminium foil that we can found in our kitchen. I entered this card for DCM challenge.

My dare this week is 'Foiled!' -I would like you to utilise some plain old aluminium (aluminum for our friends across the pond!) foil from your kitchen :). You can scrunch it, die cut it, emboss it, ink it, coil it, cover chipboard - or anything else that you choose!

As usual I can't get the right silver color when scanning. I stamped Tilda with versamark ink on the foil, then embossed with distress embossing powder. I know you can't easily see the Tilda's image, but if you familiar with Tilda stamp, then you know she is Tilda.:-)

Supplies: Circles background stamp(Hero Arts), Tilda stamp(Magnolia), Make a wish stamp( MSE),Versafine Ink, Colorbox white ink.

11 comments:

manicstamper said...

Beautiful cards

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow they are wonderful. Gorgeous.

Andrea, said...

2 great cards Ying

Tracey said...

Hi Ying great cards love the tilda stamp you used.

Kathy said...

Lovely work - you've been sooo busy!

Jo said...

Looks beautiful to me!

Rosanne said...

Nice cards, love the technique of stamping on foil

~KRISTY~ said...

THE DIFFERENT EFFECTS LOOK WONDERFUL.

Donelda said...

wow, you really were being creative !! And sending a happy birthday to your adorable little girl!!

Angelnorth said...

It's fun experimenting isn't it? Great idea to use embossing on the foil.

Happy Birthday to Yileen, too - I hope she had a wonderful day!

ink'n'rubba said...

some interesting experiments - I particularly like the effect you got with the crackle and distress inks. annie x

Footer