Monday, January 21, 2008

~Shiny Silver-Tilda + Co Challenge~

I am totally hooked in Tilda :-)) I missed last week's challenge, so I can't miss it again this week :-))
Here is a card that I made for the challenge, I had fun coloring Tilda and I made a Valentine card to match the challenge. I had no idea why the silver brads turn to another color after I scanned it? It seems odd to scan gold and silver color:-( I stamped the background scripts with silver ink too but it didn't turn the right silver color:-(

Shiny Silver
This week's challenge i would like to see Shiny Silver, You be may wondering shiny silver?
Well it couldn't be simpler,
It could be some shiny mirror card in silver! or could be some metal work/wire, What about some little mirror tiles? or even sequins as long as there is some shiny Silver on your work,
Go on give your work that shine and show off your lovely Shiny silver with magnolia stamps.
Once again any form of work goes, be it a card, Scrapbook page, Altered art etc, Try & think outside the box!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supplies: Stamps: Old Scripts( Hero Arts) , Tilda( Magnolia),paper flowers(Prima), saying from the PaperCrafts Magazine, Ribbon from PaperMania,Patterned Paper from BasicGrey.

28 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. Really fabulous.

The Button Witch said...

great card ying well done

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Ying, great colours and papers

Sharon said...

Lovely card .

there are several places you can get the Magnolia stamps

http://www.megahobby.de/index.php/cat/c530_Magnolia-Stempel.html

this is where mine come from but it is in Germany.

or

http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=21

this is one in UK.

Hope this helps :-)

Annie said...

lovely card, this Tilda is one of my favourties! Silver never comes out shiny on the scanner.

Monika said...

Wonderful card,so sweet!!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

how exciting.
you are all the way from malaysia.
the online world is so small :-)
right.
your card is just darling! please come back next week

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful card, Ying! I love the colours and the sentiments you used. Great you participated this week!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

This is such a beautiful card!

Marlene said...

WOW.. gorgeous card and the colouring is fab!!
Love it :)

Rosietoes said...

She's so pretty Ying. Don't worry about the silver scanning differently - it always does.

tillymint said...

What a beaufiful card! I love the colours you used and yes, it is so hard to scan/photograph metallic colours!

Anneke said...

lovely card Ying, and beautiful colors

Unknown said...

TOTALLY LOVE TILDA! GORGEOUS SENTIMENT.

Linda said...

I love your Tilda card. I have yet to buy a Tilda stamp. Soon though. I really like your new blog look too.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

a wonderful card you made... lovely and sweet

Marlou McAlees said...

Ying, this is so beautiful, it fits my challenge too, so you will be entered :) xx

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Simply Sweet!!! Love everything about this (((Hugs)))

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the colours.

Jo said...

Lovely card....have just bought this stamp myself!

Rika said...

This is beautiful Ying!

Deb said...

this is gorgeous ying, love this Tilda and the sentiment is so sweet!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Ying, I have just ordered this stamp! I enjoyed looking at your blog too.

AmethystCat said...

what a cute card!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Ying. She's so well coloured in and such gorgeous colours. lol x

Lori said...

Lovely card, and love the shiny brads.

Deb said...

I am now able to post on the SBS cafe blog, I have asked for any ideas our sisters have for our group, please drop in and leave a comment!

Jane said...

Very pretty card. Great coloring!

Jane
SBS4

Footer