Monday, August 03, 2009

Magnolia Birthday Wishes

Finally.....I had a card to show you, after 3 months break from my crafting "career":-)) Yes, It's my career and I realized I can't live without it. I reorganized my stamping area and changed to a new location in my house to make it more convenince for me to make cards. I also surfed a lot of crafting blog when I was free and I noticed Magnolia had been added more DT member, congratulations to all who had been chosen. For the starting and a little warming up, I picked up last release stamp and make a card which I think it was fun and I try to think out side the box too.

The right side's patterned paper can be opened and I punched with Martha Stewart Doily Punch.The left side is vellum and I punched with the new punch that I purchased in May but no chance to use it.The "celebrate" patterned paper was handmade which I inked with various Distress inks then stamped with Stampin'Up -Celebrate on the cardstock.
I colored Tilda with Copic Ciao markers and colored pencils, blended with paper stump and sansodor.

I hope that you can find some inspiration on this card. For these hard time( I need to take care of my father and the whole family) I am unable to make many cards as I wish.I hope that you all understand and be patience with me.

Magnolia stamps can be purchased at: http://www.dreamcottage.nu/


Stamping materials:

Stamps:Magnolia Tilda,Stampin'Up-birthday wishes,celebrate

Papers:My mind's Eye-Pretty Please,red,yellow cardstock,vellum

Embelishments:Crochet flowers,pink roses from Prima Marketing,trim from Webster Pages,Pearl from Kaiser Craft, Ranger Ice Stickles

Punches: Marvy Ucida punches, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch

Color medium: Copic Ciao markers,paper stump,sansodor

Distress inks: Vintage Photo,Mustard,Tea Dye

Inkpad: Memento,Versafine -Tsukineko

Hope that you have a great day and happy stamping!











14 comments:

Yani said...

What a beautiful card! I just love every single detail of it ;-) It is nice to see you back! :-)

Camilla said...

Hi Ying!
Your card is gorgeous, and I really like the written paper behind:) Thank you so much for your welcoming! I feel really lucky to be on the team with all your talented ladies!!
Big hugs, Camilla.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Ying,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mescrap said...

Glad to hear that you are back to your crafting career. Love the new outlook of your blog, such sweet.

Anne said...

You have made a beautiful card! Hope you can craft more often soon. Hope your father is better.

Greetings from Norway
-Anne-

Lacey said...

Ying, this is so elegant! I love all of the layers and fun details! I am sure it feels great to be able to stamp again! I hope you father is doing better. Big Hugs :-)
~Lacey

Martina said...

Great to see you again Ying and with a new card! I love it - as all your work! Hope you have got my card????
Have a look at ma Blog...there are many new things to see ;)
Martina

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Ying. So nice to have you back!
Clairex

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Nice to see you back blogging Ying .... hope everything is picking up for you.

Take care love

x Marcia P
SBS4

Lillemor said...

Big thanks or your welcoming! I am so happyand proud to be a part of this fab team! Your card is lovely, looking forward to see more from you!
Hugs Lillemor

Unknown said...

Hi Ying!
Wow! What a wonderful card! The Tilda is soo sweet! Love it!
Your´s Nina

Birgit said...

Ying, it's so good to see you back with a great new card! I have just found your latest blog entry although you already posted it a couple of days ago. Have been thinking of you and your family a lot and hope things are calming down! Have you already seen my new blog?
Best wishes to you, my friend, and esp.to your Dad and rest of the family too!
Hugs, Birgit

Lilian said...

Gorgeous card Ying! It's wonderful to see you back blogging :) Take care!

Jane said...

How pretty! Love the background with the newspaper.

Jane
SBS4

Footer